Puri is one of the main pilgrimage places in India. It is located at the east of Orissa, on the coast of Bay of Bengal. Puri is one of the four Hindu Dham‘s (main places of worship), specifically Puri, Dwarka, Rameswaram and Badrinath. If you are preparation for Puri, particularly if you do not recognize much about the position, here are a handful of swift-tips you can use.
How to arrive at Puri
- By Air: Just one airport in Odisha. The Biju Patnaik airport at Bhubaneswar, 56 km away from Puri is the nearby airport to Puri. Bhubaneswar is well associated with Kolkata, Delhi & Hyderabad (the major cities of India) by daily straight flights.
- By train: Puri is a main railway station. Regular express trains are obtainable from Puri to Bhubaneswar, New Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata. All the large cities of Orissa and rest of India are well associated by standard trains. If you enter by train from outside Orissa, then go to the Orissa State Tourist office at the station for guidance. They will positively be of help.
- By road: Puri is associated with the main divisions of India by roads. The state transport buses and the private buses are frequently and simply obtainable between Puri and Bhubaneswar.
Number of Places to visit in Puri
If you are on a one day small visit to Puri, following places would be of attention:
- The JagannathTemple (obviously)
- Shankaracharya’s GOBARDHAN Pitha
- Akshaya Patra Foundation – A present Kitchen at Grand Road, Puri, offers mid day foods for one lakh children everyday in and around Puri.
- Five Pilgrim area around Puri: Markanda, Indra-dumnaya, Rohini Kunda (inside temple), Kalpa Brukhya (inside temple), Mahodadhi (sea)
- Stay away from the cunning pastors or Pandas of the temple. They can take out cash from your pocket cruelly in the name of God.
- Don’t go into the inner most compartment of any temple. They will ask you to suggest puja to a number of Gods of the same temple extremely respectfully but will claim money singly in the name of every God.
- You should hold sufficient change with you, so that you can contribute Rs 1, 2, 5, 10 to obtain free of them without any difficulty.
- Pandas usually try to act as guides for outsider, explain them approximately, and tell the stories about the temple. They might claim too much money from innocent tourists for go into the inside most compartments & fingering the deities in the key temple. Temple management should employ pre-paid/fixed-rate guides in the temple property.